Planned giving ensures the future of Ashley Academy. A gift of cash, marketable securities, or even property may be donated to the school via estate plans. Other means of making gifts include gift annuities, life insurance policies, and charitable trusts. Planned gifts may be constructed to provide income for the donor. Because we are a 501©3 charitable organization, contributions made to establish gift annuities are eligible for a charitable income tax deduction for a portion of the amount donated in the year the gift annuity is created.
Past and present generosity enables Ashley Academy to provide a superior educational opportunity for students. It is imperative that this philanthropy continues. Contact the Headmaster with questions or to receive more information about the diverse, tax-deductible giving opportunities at Ashley Academy.
Few gifts offer greater satisfaction than one to establish a scholarship. Donors gain the fulfilling experience of enabling students to attend Ashley Academy. A scholarship is transforming for a recipient and a lifelong reward for a donor. Our constant goal is to be the premier school in our region. Providing scholarship awards based on financial need and outstanding academic performance is an integral part of this goal.
Scholarships for bright students who lack the financial resources to pursue a quality education greatly strengthen society. Furthermore, scholarships based on academic performance give Ashley Academy a competitive edge in attracting more top students, and outstanding students attract top faculty.
Unlike many forms of financial aid, a scholarship is “gift assistance” that does not have to be repaid by the student. There are two basic types of scholarships that one can establish:
- Annual scholarship. This award provides a student with funds that are completely disbursed in a single academic year. The scholarship, however, can be renewed with ongoing commitments.
- Endowed scholarship. An endowment is funded first as an interest-bearing account, and then the income or a portion of the earnings is used to provide students with assistance. The corpus remains untouched so the endowment lasts in perpetuity.
For those who have decided to make a gift, there are many ways to fund a scholarship. You can choose which assets to donate, the guidelines that will be used to select the recipients, the name the scholarship will have and much more. The Headmaster will be happy to meet with you to explore your options, identify the scholarship program, and the method of giving that is right for you. Please contact the Headmaster at email@example.com with questions or to receive more information.
- You want to make a real difference in the lives of our students.
- You desire to give a deserving student the opportunity to attend a school of high education.
- You have a strong belief in the value of independent education.
- You want to show appreciation to teachers and faculty for their commitment to you and your children.
- You have an interest in supporting a particular aspect of education and you want to see it flourish.
- You want to honor or memorialize a loved one, possibly choosing to set up an endowment fund.
- You want to encourage others to give with your participation.